Thursday, June 9, 2011

Ho-Hum, Another Childhood Hero Gets Busted


Mark Grace was absolutely one of my top five favorite players of all time.  Probably number three.  Cal Ripken, Jim Rice, Mark Grace, Will Clark, and Ken Griffey, Jr / Nolan Ryan.  Maybe I have a top six. I really think I was Mark Grace TWICE for Halloween.  The dude lead all of MLB in hits in the 90s.  So, I'm sure that if this had happened when I was like 11, I would have been crushed, but now, not so much.  I mean, check out the details:

Cops saw him make a wide right turn, then weave in his lane.  When they pulled him over, Grace admitted to "having a few drinks."  He also didn't have a wallet or his license.

So, the cops gave him a field sobriety test and they asked him out he thought he did..."Not well enough." was his response, so they booked him on suspicion of DUI.

OK, so again, I don't condone drunk driving, obviously, but it has gotten to the point where I kind of say to myself, "well, he wasn't a jerk about it, so I'll give him a pass."  He's not even mad in his mugshot; it looks like his ID photo for an IT firm he works for.

So long as I never find out Cal Ripken took steroids or ruphied college chicks, I think I should be OK.

-Big Ran

No comments:

Post a Comment