Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Stuck In My Head

This is just plain disturbing--not only is the song disturbing, but the fact that it got 'stuck in my head' while I was in the shower makes me even more nervous..... First of all, the song is ridiculous in its original form, and the remake is even more insane because when you compare the artists, there is no connection whatsoever. Also, it should be noted that BOTH versions are currently battling it out in my "Brain Boombox" for the coveted top spot. I am thinking about it, and I have NO idea where this came from, so randomly. Long story short: I love it!




The original version of "Careless Whisper" by George Michael. Wow; the hair, the outfits (especially the white shorts and white top ensemble), and the mannerisms... I just don't know what to say. And, then there's the most philosophical line in all of 80's music: "Guilty feed have got no rhythm"...Really? Hmmm...I'm still sorting through that statement, but it's mind blowing.




Probably the most ridiculous remake of all time: "Careless Whisper" by rock band "Seether". I don't even understand what inspired this choice on their part. I wonder what Mr. Michaels thinks. He is flattered? Does he feel like he's being mocked? Does he even know about it (remember, he has found himself in some bad situations over the years, so he may have missed this)?

In the history of odd covers, this has GOT to be in the top 10 of all time, and it's STUCK IN MY HEAD and maybe yours now as well!! Enjoy

-KC Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment