Saturday, September 3, 2011

False Advertising (Part II)....

Lindsay Lohan Gets 'Billy Joel' Tattoo

(EndPlay Staff Reports) - Lindsay Lohan has added another tattoo to her ever-growing collection.
TMZ featured a picture of Lohan showing off her new tattoo, inked on the right side of her ribcage, which she got at her favorite tattoo shop Shamrock Tattoos.


The tattoo is the lyrics from Billy Joel's 1989 song, "I Go to Extremes" – something the 25-year-old actress is known for. The tattoo reads, "Clear as a crystal sharp as a knife / I feel like I'm in the prime of my life."


As for the significance of the tattoo and why Lohan chose those lyrics, a source told TMZ, "It represented where she is in life and everything she's been through … it signifies that she's focused."




There is absolutely NO way that, based on the title of this article, that other people didn't open it expecting to see a tattoo OF Billy Joel ON her body. I mean, this story isn't even newsworthy, and they knew it, so they had to put a ridiculous title on it to lure people (including myself) into reading it. I would imagine that if SOMEONE was going to get an actual tattoo of BJ on their body, it would be Lindsay. I mean, look at her & consider her history. Would you really be surprised? But instead, you  read on only to be greatly disappointed when you find out that the ink was simply a couple of lines from one of his songs.

My thoughts on her choice of lyrics? She is HARDLY "Clear as a crystal, Sharp as a knife" and, beyond that, she is FAR past "the prime of her life". There were plenty of other lyrics that would be FAR more appropriate. Some that come to mind quickly include:

1. "It's not a habit, it's cool, I feel alive...If you don't have it you're on the other side...I'm not an addict (maybe that's a lie)"- K'S CHOICE, "Not An Addict"


2. "They tried to make me go to rehab, I said No, No, No'"- AMY WINEHOUSE, "Rehab"


3. "I've been caught stealing; once when I was 5...I enjoy stealing. It's just as simple as that. Well, it's just a simple fact. When I want something, I don't want to pay for it."- JANE'S ADDICTION, "Been Caught Stealin'"


4. "Is it my imagination? Or have I finally found something worth living for? I was looking for some action. But all I found was cigarettes and alcohol."-OASIS- "Cigarettes & Alcohol"


5. "I'm a hazard to myself. Don't let me get me. I'm my own worst enemy"-PINK- "Don't Let Me Get Me"


-KC Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment