Monday, December 5, 2011

Stuck In My Head....



That's right! On this lazy Monday morning, I have been battling with Digital Underground's "Humpty Dance" since my alarm went off. I don't know why, because my alarm just buzzes--but for some reason, the minute I hit the shower I was rapping to myself. This song was a highly anticipated jam at all middle school dances, and I still bump it from time to time.

This video is a complete shit show and the lyrics are phenomenal. Never have I been able to understand why Shock G is wearing those glasses with the fake nose. Who came up with that idea? Terrible. Also, the Oakland Athletics called, they want their T-Shirts back.

Although Digital Underground is completely ridiculous, they were very influential in their time, and we all owe them an immeasurable amount of gratitude for helping launch the rap career of the legendary Tupac.
Check this link out, Tupac was a backup dancer/rapper for D.U. and here he in, dressed in red, performing with them on the Arsenio Hall Show (thank God THAT'S over!). And, of course, remember Shock G's rap on Pac's "I Get Around":

No comments:

Post a Comment