Monday, February 27, 2012

Irrational Rant....Asymetrical Haircuts

I went down to the cafeteria at my P.O.E. today and there was this woman sitting at a table with a mess on her head. I know I need to clarify what I mean by this statement. She was sitting there with one side of her hair long (kind of) and the other side short (like a boy). I did a triple take because I wasn't sure if I was seeing things.

A few things:

First of all, she was not attractive at all, so this made her hairdo that much more important. When a woman has beautiful facial features, they can shave their head and still be beautiful. I'm not advocating that decision, but I'm simply stating a fact. Sadly for this troll like creature, that was not the case. She wasn't helping her own cause at all.

Secondly, how hard is it to commit to SOME form a symmetrical hair cut? Even if someone does a cut that's shorter in the back and then longer in the front, that's still much better than two completely different looks- one on each side of the head. It's like a personality disorder for the scalp. There are a million things people can do with their hair, and this should never be a viable option.



Finally, who is responsible for giving this sort of cut? If it's a licensed stylist, that license should be revoked immediately. Maybe she has children and one of them got to her hair while she was sleeping. If that's the case, the offending offspring should be put up for adoption ASAP. Maybe the woman did it to herself as it clearly required no skill whatsoever. Honestly,  each side didn't even look good on it's own.


I wonder if someone told her it would look good---and I wonder if she thinks it looks good, because it doesn't. Perhaps I should pick up a few copies of this book and keep it around the office.


 -KC Jones



No comments:

Post a Comment