Tuesday, October 11, 2011

They Like Us, They REALLY Like Us, Part 2


I'm going to be honest, I read Christine's e-mail like four times, then read KC's post another couple of times before I realized that Christine actually designed an phone app.  So, first, that kind of blew my mind.  Let's put it this way, I use twitter just to creep on people and don't check the ol' facebook that often, so the fact that Christine designed her own app makes her approximately 870% more likely to make a respectable living than I am.

With that said, whatever helps people out is good in my book and that will be something slightly different for everyone.

For me, I can get pretty competitive and love doing things out of spite.  For example, if someone tells me they don't think I can do something, then forget it, I will make it happen.  Not so much to improve myself or do something positive, but so that I will force you to be wrong and look like a schmuck.  I've got problems.  Last year, our company had an employee fitness challenge.  Four of us from our office joined because we planned on crushing people.  I didn't really care that I would be working out more and in better shape, I wanted to win, and I wanted to make other teams feel bad about themselves in the process.  I have the mind set of a professional athlete with none of the ability, so at least I have that going for me.

So, Christine, I would say what you are doing sounds great because it will certainly work for a certain sect of people.  Ultimately, if it helps people achieve goals, it is a success. 



 

-Big Ran

PS:  If you get rich off this app, can I holler at you?  Can I holla, can I holla, can I holla?


P.P.S. With Big Ran's comment, "For me, I can get pretty competitive and love doing things out of spite.", I know that there is NOTHING else I can offer. See why we've been friends for so long? It's simply out of spite since I told him we wouldn't be!

No comments:

Post a Comment