Monday, November 28, 2011

Stuck In My Head



I really like this jam, "I Need a Dollar," by Aloe Blacc.  I doubt KC will like it because its not rap, but it could be the story of ghetto youths.  She once said something to the effect of this to me, regarding the origins of hip hop:  "Hip hop came from the stories of ghetto children."  Not an exact quote there, but pretty close.  This was because I said that hip hop had roots in jazz and she disagreed.

Also, I think with it being the holiday season, I could always use a dollar (or several thousand if someone is feeling generous).  I may take my act to the streets and just get money at stop lights.  Remember that dude in Cleveland with the crazy voice who was begging for money (and probably making like $37 an hour), was discovered and did some stuff for the Cavs?



I don't have that guy's voice, but I am awesome.  I could just do awesome stuff for a dollar, right?  I'll just try not to get drunk and get into a domestic dispute with my estranged daughter after I make it big with all that beggar money.  I'll just make enough money to buy enough cigarettes to last me and my family the rest of our lives.



-Big Ran

Couple of things from KC Jones:

1. I don't remember saying that, but I am sure I did. Don't know why....

2. Big Ran is sadly mistaken as I do enjoy music other than Rap and he KNOWS this, man! (I will always love Boyz II Men).

3. I could use a few dollas....so play on!

No comments:

Post a Comment