Sunday, January 22, 2012

Breaking News From God....

*Disclaimer: As with all of our posts, this is meant to be funny, and not offensive to any of our loyal readers who MAY have done what I am calling attention to below...and I'm not speaking of anyone specific as I saw at least 12 of these posts on my FB page within 10 minutes of the Patriots winning today (might be more tonight, but I haven't noticed)*

Ok, so I am a rabid NBA fan, and I become insane and irrational when I really get into the games. So, with that being said, I can understand the break from reality that occurs when your team wins. I cannot, however, understand the plethora of Facebook posts, texts, and other forms of communication, trying to insinuate or point blank say that the Patriots won today because God allowed Robert Kraft's late wife to pull some strings in Heaven. I HOPE that people are just joking with these posts, and I bet some people are, but others, I'm not so sure about.

God has a lot of things going on right now; people have cancer, people are struggling (emotionally, financially, physically, spiritually), there are wars, poverty, and illness in the world. While God may have given individuals certain gifts athletically speaking, I'm sure He could care less about the outcome of ANY sporting event. 

Plus, if He REALLY cared, Tebow and the Broncos would be heading to The Superbowl AND to Disneyworld.  Just sayin'....get it together people!


P.S. How did I miss the fact (until Big Ran posted about Tebow and Katy Perry) that Tebow is a virgin? Good for him, seriously. Good for him.

-KC Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment