Sunday, January 22, 2012

Irrational Rant....Show Us Your "O" Face....

I have to say, I despise Oprah Winfrey. I will be adding her to this year's "World Population (Control) Day" list. I've never liked her, ever. I feel like she exudes some sort of subliminal control over innocent women and, like Ryan Seacrest, I'm pretty sure she is plotting a hostile takeover of the world. I blogged some time back indicating that I didn't care for her, and now, after a recent revelation, I'd just like to present further proof for anyone who would like to TRY to argue that she is NOT the most egotistical human being in existence:

Exhibit A (through Z): The woman not only has a magazine that she NAMED after herself, but EVERY MONTH it is HER picture on the cover. Are you serious? How highly would you have to think of yourself to feature your OWN picture on the cover of your magazine EVERY SINGLE MONTH? I realized this the other day at the gym and I became probably irrationally enraged, but I don't care. I'm entitled. And, naturally she uses the magazine to stroke her own ego. Gotta have stories about "Oprah's School In Africa" and "Trust Your Gut" because Oprah says "It's Never Wrong".

Add this to the fact that she also has a television network named after herself, and the fact that she basically threw herself a going away party as her originial talk show was going off the air, and I don't know how anyone can try to defend her against my accusations.

For those of you who might say, "She's charitable" and blah blah blah...I'll give you that--with a friendly reminder that she does all of it with PLENTY of media attention directed towards her. Her audience members get their gifts on national television. She has camera crews following her for her other endeavors.  To me, it means more and is with greater sincerity when it's done under the radar. And granted, sometimes, for people in positions like hers, it's nearly impossible to do things under the radar. But, she also makes sure to give HERSELF plenty of press and accolades on a regular basis.

I, for one, couldn't be happier to know that Ellen DeGeneres is on television in place of her now.

What's better than ONE Oprah? Yup, obviously TWO!

-KC Jones

Big Ran Note: From one of my all time favorite movies, this MUST be included:



*Big Ran Update:  Terrible, terrible oversight on my part.  I can't believe I let this happen...

Dave Gets Oprah Pregnant
www.comedycentral.com
Buy Chappelle's Show DVDsBlack ComedyTrue Hollywood Story

I should get suspended without pay for leaving a Chappelle Show reference out.  For shame.  For shame.  I disgrace my famiry!  A double shot to make up for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment