Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Irrational Rant...Kony 2012


My rant is not with the organization that put this together.  My rant is with the people that watch a YouTube video, then all of a sudden fancy themselves social activists by posting this on facebook or twitter.  Stop yelling at me!  Nobody supports child armies, abduction, abuse, or slavery.


A few things:

1.  Did you actually watch that entire video?  Probably not.  That video is a half hour long.  There's no way I'm watching a half hour video on YouTube.  If you send me a YouTube link, you get two, maybe three minutes.  That sh!t better be funny as hell or have puppies playing, one or the other.

2.  Do you actually know what country we're talking about?  I bet less than half actually do.  Uganda, bitches.

3.  Can you identify Uganda on a map?  99% chance they can't.  I can't and I'm f*cking dope.  I have multiple passports AND THEY'RE FULL OF VISAS AND STAMPS!!!!!!  I'M AN IMPORTANT PERSON!!!!!!!!!!

I just looked it up.  It's sandwiched between Kenya and whatever The Congo decides to call itself this week.

However, on the plus side, this has also spawned awesome pictures and captions floating around the interwebs, created by people with a similar sense of humor as mine - deranged and sarcastic.  Look, I know I'm a terrible person, so I'm glad there are others who can enjoy life like I do.








My personal favorite.
-Big Ran

No comments:

Post a Comment