Monday, April 25, 2011

Walking (and Losing) in Memphis

If  today were April 1st, I'd be thinking, "Wow, this April Fool's joke by the Spurs is a little extreme given what's at stake--couldn't they have just put a whoopee cushion on Coach Pop's seat instead?". Sadly, it's April 25 and no one is joking. I'm hoping that Big Ran will be merciful towards me in his taunts regarding the pathetic performances by the Spurs in the first round of the playoffs. He'll be right when he says they are playing like geriatrics,  but I love my Spurs, and when they lose, I become distraught. I'm thinking I might have to take of the rest of the week off and seek grief counseling in order to cope with what has gone on thus far.

The Facebook taunts and sarcastic text messages are rolling in and Mr. KC Jones cheered every time Memphis scored against the Spurs.It's a lot for me to take and I'm thinking of joining EHarmony in order to find a nice new boyfriend who happens to be a Spurs fan as well . Seriously, this was the #1 team in the West, the #2 team overall, and they are playing like a youth league team. Tonight they couldn't  hit ANYTHING. Popovich was sitting on the bench, despondent, and a double digit loss was the final result. This, after they were up by 2 at half time and after they swept Memphis in the regular season. The series is now 3-1 and only eight teams have come back from this sort of deficit. Timmy and company are one game away from elimination. How can this be? Is this God punishing the Spurs for Tony Parker's infidelity when he was married to Eva Longoria? I bet she is THRILLED right now, and I don't blame her, but remember Timmy, Manu, and the rest of the innocent victims who are suffering as well.

This is not the team that had a choke hold on the rest of the league throughout the regular season. It's going to take a miracle for them to win the next three straight....but it looks like someone is on their side....
I'll be having a candlelight vigil tomorrow night in anticipation of Game 5 on Wednesday night. If the outcome is not satisfactory on Wednesday night, I'm going to need all sharp objects removed from my reach. I realize this post seems extremely dramatic, and I hope everyone got a good laugh....but that's how seriously I take my Spurs.

So, for now, I'm just going to play this video and cry myself to sleep.


-KC Jones

PS- Go Thunder! Let's get this done tonight---I think Big Ran will agree with my enthusiasm as it relates to Oklahoma City since our boy Perk got shipped there.

No comments:

Post a Comment