Monday, April 25, 2011

Irrational Rant....Motivational Posters


Does anyone else have posters like this hanging in their office?  I do and I have no idea how these would possibly improve the atmosphere or function of an organization.  If you need a poster to inspire you to do your job, you are a loser and you probably like blueberry coffee too.  

There are two hanging in the processing unit of my office, one is for Teamwork, and reads: "It is a fact that in the right formation, a group of wings can achieve twice the flight of a single bird."  The other is for Communication, telling us to "Build bridges, not walls."  First of all, is it a fact about that bird formation shit?  I didn't see any citations from Stephen Hawking or anything.  The second one had to be one of the last "Communication" posters made, because that is some weak shit right there.  They either ran through every other possible saying for communication or this was the writer's inarticulate son that still lives in his or her basement.

I just really don't understand how people can spend money on these.  I realize we may not be breaking the bank, but I am sure they were ordered from Staples, or W.B. Mason, or Dunder Mifflin, with ridiculous, jacked-up prices.  Not only that, but someone took the time to pick one out, either pay to have it framed or did it themselves, and honestly thought, "Wow, this is going to make such a difference in workplace moral."

I would be much more fired up to work in a place that either just put some decent art on the walls or had the stones and sense of humor to hang something like this:


-Big Ran

KC Jones' thoughts: I agree w/ Big Ran 110%, and I have another poster that I'm thinking of putting up in our office here:

No comments:

Post a Comment