Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I Finally Got Some Closure

After being left in suspense for so long, I finally saw the much anticipated squeal to the original cliffhanger this weekend.  I am not talking about Kung Fu Panda 2, The Hangover 2, Harry Potter, or Twilight.  I watch sports and reruns of "The Office" on My TV (a local MA channel) pretty much every night.  So, if you watch NESN and/or My TV, you have probably had your share of local car and furniture commercials, ads for online colleges where you can take classes in your pajamas, ads for UTI (no, not a urinary tract infection P.S.A., but an automotive school), and many other classics.

One of my favorites is the Certain Dri Deodorant commercial:



Would you get a load of that ad?!  Perfect.  We have a blonde bimbo who isn't afraid to tell people she has a sweating problem.  Don't get me wrong, there are days when the anti-perspirant doesn't really take, but I don't tell strangers at a wedding or party about it.  Then we have Dr. Douche and his glasses and the fact that he is a doctor is "cool" according to this gold digging bimbo.  All around awesome.

Well, I always wondered what happened  to these two and this weekend I found out.  I am having trouble finding the newest ad, but in it, the two are dating, she is still a major bimbo, but she doesn't sweat excessively anymore.  All-in-all, we all get to feel good about this sweaty love story.  I just wonder what happens in the next commercial...

What happens when the bimbo's pits adjust to Certain Dri and even Certain Dri can't contain the sweat anymore.  I mean the doctor has to dump her right?  I don't feel that this relationship was destined to last long because she is clearly dumb as rocks and Dr. Douche doesn't want to deal with excess sweat.  Why should he have to do that, HE'S A DOCTOR!

Even the Certain Dri website is having trouble with the newest commercial.  So, as soon as it is up, I will post it.  I don't want to keep anyone in suspense.

-Big Ran

KC Jones Thoughts: If she does in fact hit a wall with the Certain Dri and nothing else works, she could always just go to UTI and become a truck driver. No one cares if they sweat, right??? 

No comments:

Post a Comment