Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tuesday Trivia...

Well, 2011 has been rough for New England sports fans thus far:

*The Patriots, led by Tinseltown Tommy, were knocked out of the playoffs in the first round. Some were surprised, I was not. Click here if you don't know why I feel this way.....

*A well oiled machine until mid February, The Celtics were dismantled at the hands of  their leader, Danny Ainge and then bounced in Round 2 of the playoffs.

*The Red Sox got off to a horrific start, but have started to recover nicely and their fans will remain cautiously optimistic for the remainder of the season.

What does this have to do with "Tuesday Trivia", you ask? Well, I'm curious, what has this woman been doing since the Celtics were eliminated?
JUST KIDDING! Well, kind of, I do wonder what's she up to, but my trivia concerns The Boston Bruins. The Bruins have been the one bright spot for New England fans as far as playoff performances are concerned. As you already know (unless you are Amish), the Bruins took care of business and are headed to the NHL Finals to compete for the Stanley Cup against the Vancouver Schmucks, oops, I mean, Canucks.

This brings me to the trivia for today. I, for one, do not know much about hockey and I've always wondered:

1. Who exactly is this "Lord Stanley" I keep hearing about?
2. What is the back story behind the "Stanley Cup"?

This IS a picture of the Stanley Cup, but it is NOT a picture of Lord Stanley!

So, I've done a little research and found a great blog that answers all of my questions and gives even more information! So, check out "The Lucky Puck Hockey Blog" and read the post. Yes, you have to link over to the blog to get the answers! It's well worth it, it's very informative, interesting, and I'm loving the name of the blog!

Let's Go Bruins!


 -KC Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment