Friday, May 6, 2011

New Edition

Ok, I know that on Monday we were all thinking that things couldn't get better for our country and for the world. I mean, after all,our real American heroes (sorry G.I. Joe), picked off one of the most evil men in the history of civilization. I, for one, thought we had peaked as far as good news was concerned. But then, the following headline, first announced in March, was confirmed and added to the week's feelings of euphoria:

Bobby Brown Announces New Edition Reunion

That's right! New Edition, INCLUDING one of my favorite headcases, Bobby Brown, is going to be launching a World Tour. I always feel like those of us who enjoy a good old school R&B group are being neglected. After all, we have to hear about The Backstreet Boys and New Kids on the Block touring together, etc. But now, it's our turn! I'm mainly excited because I am DYING to see what the original fans of New Edition look like now. I'm imagining something like this, by renowned photographer,"MrUndaCova":
Big Ran, you interested? I'm sure Mrs. Big Ran would give you a free pass!
Also, if my Spidey Sense is as accurate as I believe it is, I'm thinking there will be a LOT of Personalized Jewelry on display at these shows.

Regardless, New Edition is just another reason why I'm proud to be an American. And seriously, with videos and slick dance moves (not to mention wardrobe choices) like this, how could you NOT be a fan?



Remember, these are Boston Boys, so we have to give them their props. Michael Bivins is a fixture at Celtics games, so he's alright by me.  Additionally each and every one of them had very successful careers after their voices changed as well, whether as solo artists (Ralph and Bobby) or as part of a trio (Bell Biv DeVoe, now you know!)

And, most importantly, without New Edition, who knows if the world would have ever been graced with behavior like this, from a self proclaimed "True American":



-KC Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment