Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Bumpin' Bruins Playlist

Foreigner - Cold As Ice



This will be a good one to prime the pump a little bit, just get it going as you head into the game or drive home from work.  Plus, anytime you can post a video as bad as this, you have to do it.  I mean, I think they blew a real opportunity to have a horribly cheesy video.


Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby



Sorry for the ad, but its obviously worth it.  This is like the perfect storm of music videos.  It took the perfect artist, with the perfect song, the perfect time period, and a perfect video to come together all at once and it happened.  From the florescent colors to the perfect 90s Miami sweatshirt and tuxes, to the dance moves, the director really nailed it.  The only questionable part is the strange dance move around 2:25 when all the dudes are grabbing each other's hips.  Not sure about that one.

As a side note, is everyone aware that Vanilla Ice, aka Robert Matthew Van Winkle (for real) is now on the DIY Network in a show called "The Vanilla Ice Project," where he renovates houses in Palm Beach?  I haven't seen it, but my wife said that he is probably the most normal person on the network.

Britney Spears - Break the Ice



Is Brit a hot mess?  Absolutely.  Do I have any idea what this song or video is about?  No.  However, you have to hand it to Brit and her producers, the beats are tight.  This will get it going a little bit too.

Ice Cube - It Was a Good Day




Hockey is played on ice, Ice cube - see the connection?  Plus this song is just awesome.

I think I just lost my ability to be funny.  If I ever actually had it.

Zombie Nation - Kernkraft 400



This is the joint they play after the Bruins score at home.  I know they open in Vancouver, but whatever.  Like I said, I think my brain shut off half way through this list.

Ugh.  I'll try again later.  I hate when the job I get paid to do gets in the way of screwing off.

-Big Ran

PS:  D- for this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment