Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Can We Still Add Nickelback?

Man, I would love to punch him in the face with fist full of rolled quarters

Kid Rock, Lady Antebellum and Maroon 5 to play before Packers’ opener vs. Saints

By Associated Press, Updated: Tuesday, August 30, 9:43 AM

GREEN BAY, Wis. — Kid Rock, Lady Antebellum and Maroon 5 will play the “NFL Kickoff 2011” concert outside Lambeau Field before the Green Bay Packers’ Sept. 8 opener against the New Orleans Saints.


The concert will take place on a stage adjacent to Lambeau Field, continuing the NFL’s recent tradition of big-name musical acts playing before the first game of the season. The Dave Matthews Band, Taylor Swift and Harry Connick Jr. performed in New Orleans last year.


The concert begins at 7:30 p.m. EDT, an hour before kickoff, and will be shown on NBC’s pregame show and on the NFL Network.

In all seriousness, is this the worst concert ever assembled?  You are going to start the NFL season with these "bands."  To complete this as my worst nightmare, you would somehow just have to include Nickelback and/or The Bare Naked Ladies.


A couple years ago, one of my buddies said he like Lady Antebellum.  I couldn't even make fun of him, I was just absolutely stunned.  He could have said he use to be use to (used to?) be a woman and I would have been much less surprised.  I don't think I spoke for five minutes.  I may have blacked out.


I think the tide has finally turned, but people, Maroon 5 sucks.  For a little while they did a good job of fooling people into thinking they were good musicians and a welcome addition to the current music scene, but for sure, they are not.




-Big Ran

No comments:

Post a Comment