Thursday, January 12, 2012

Baby I Got Your Money....



Well, it's been a long 5 weeks, but my POE is finally paying us! Yup! That's right! I, and the others in the Corporate Machine here get paid MONTHLY and sometimes monthly means FIVE weeks, not FOUR! The logic is we get paid on the Friday on or before the 15th of the month (so, it's kind of like welfare on those months when it is the 15th, although those people are probably doing better than we are!) The way I figure it; we are actually getting screwed out of one month's pay as FOUR of our twelve pay periods are FIVE weeks long. Do the math: 1 extra week in 4 pay periods equals 1 full month of 'volunteer' work.

A former co-worker of mine (who was awesome and hilarious) used to come in each payday and the first thing he would do was log in to his bank account. If the money was there (which it always was), he'd start working. If it ever hadn't been, work would have come to a screeching halt. I admired his style.

That being said, I don't even know why I'm excited as my money is already gone. Fortunately, I'm in the same sinking ship as a lot of awesome people, so at least I'm not lonely. I'd also like to take a moment to thank the state of Massachusetts for sending my Excise Tax bill this month and I'd also like to thank my city for getting my water and sewer bill into my mailbox this week. I really appreciate it. Anything I can do to help Taxachusetts run, I'll gladly do with a smile on my face (and the middle finger behind my back).

On a side note; how about this as a slogan for the state excise tax: Excise Tax: Because the State Income, Meal, and Sales Taxes (among others) aren't enough.  That's right, it's awesome...don't steal it!

You know, I'm starting to agree with Ol' Dirty Bastard more and more....dude didn't "need" to collect his welfare checks as he was a millionaire, but seriously, he was right---"Why WOULDN'T you want FREE MONEY?"

P.S. How awesome is it that we managed to work ODB into the same post TWICE, especially considering that the post is not about rap music, the Wu-Tang Clan, or the ghetto....Boom goes the dynamite!

-KC Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment