Thursday, January 12, 2012

Requiem for a Game


Bravo to KC on a few fronts:

1. Having the tickets
2. Having a camera and being really aggressive with it
3. Posting that last blog, love the format

On to my notes...

The food at the Garden blows.  Three chicken tenders for $8:50?  $7.75 for a beer?  Please.  I would be better off sticking frozen chicken tenders in my pants and letting them defrost throughout the first half and using you for your free dipping sauces.

I wish we had pics of the group that sang the national anthem, Jada.  Here's a pic and the descriptoon from their website:




Four extraordinary singers united by a common goal, Jada is the latest iteration of the classic female vocal group. Since coming together six years ago, all four members have devoted themselves heart and soul to Jada. Their self-titled debut marks the culmination of a remarkable journey in which these talented individuals came together to create a beautifully cohesive whole. From the album-opening ballad “Is It Love” to the sassy RedOne/Akon-produced first single, American CowboyJada is a bright and brazen mix of pop, soul, dance, and R&B, spiced by Jada’s characteristic gospel-inspired harmonies. The powerhouse sound is not dissimilar to the girls themselves – soulful and sophisticated, sexy and strong, heartfelt and honest, flirty and fun.


That may be the worst description of a group I have ever read.  When KC referenced "Seats for Trannies" night, she wasn't kidding.  There were more shims in the crowd than I can come up with a funny comparison for.  There were that many.  And they all had good seats.  This Jada group, woof.  First off they sang A Capella (my worst nightmare) and they did that weird hand motion thing that just makes me want to puke.  Plus, their knees were extremely distracting.  You know how you could look at Demi Moore a few years ago and say, wow, how old is she? She looks great!  But then you got to her knees and dry heaved a little bit?  It was like that.  The camera man got off their legs so fast it made your head spin.

Next we had Donatella Versace in the crowd rocking some sort of fur coat over her orange leather hide hanging out with Dennis Rodman in drag and Vince Wilfork's younger brother. When I say everyone in our section was looking and making comments, I am not exaggerating.  Personally, win or lose, I consider that game a success because I was able to successfully make a joke about not making the mistake of getting a transsexual hooker again and the middle aged guy behind me totally went with it.





I think we had a chick wearing pajama jeans in front of us, we had a little kid that was super amped about the game and was really pumped when he had beer spill on him, there was just a ton going on.  The crowd was beyond eclectic.  From what looked like an Amish dude, to tons of Asians hoping to see Yi Jianlian (DNP-CD), to all the trannies, it was a smorgasbord.

I was also pleased because I had the chance to tell Jason Terry that "I seen his stroke and it's all flame;"  I got to yell "ball don't lie" when the refs made a terrible call and the Mav's shooter missed a free throw, a la Sheed,  and we got to yell at Danny Ainge when he walked about 10 feet in front of us, asking him where Perk was.  I bet he never gets tired of that.
























-Big Ran

No comments:

Post a Comment