Friday, January 27, 2012

Big Ran's Ridin' Dirty Playlist


OK, so my inspection sticker expired in November and I am still rocking that blue 11 (if you're from Mass, you know what I'm talking about).  I was on a long ass business trip that took me into November, and I always like to push the inspection one month every year so that it's like getting one inspection free after the first 11.  I do it just to stick it to the man a little bit.

Anyway, as soon as November 30th and December 1st roll around, one of my headlight's craps out.  No biggie, I go buy some new headlights.  However, it wasn't that simple and it turns out I needed to do a bunch more work to it in order to pass the inspection.  I don't have the time to do the work on my own and I don't have the money to pay a mechanic, so I'm kind of caught in a catch 22 here (or something like that).  So, for the last couple months I've been ridin' dirty minus the guns and drugs, unless you count Advil or prescriptions I may have picked up on the way home from work.

I have completely altered my route to work avoiding all the places I have seen cops parked before and not going through small town centers.  A couple years ago I was pulled over in Wellesley because of an expired inspection sticker at like 7:30 AM on a Saturday.  Of course, it's Wellesley, so the cops literally have nothing better to do, hence why people like me and Dee Brown get pulled over.  

In honor of staying one step ahead of the law, I present Big Ran's Ridin' Dirty Playlist...

1.  UGK - Ridin' Dirty - because they were the originators of the term "Ridin' Dirty."



2.  Snoop - Drop It Like It's Hot - When the pigs try to get at me I'm always parkin' it like its hot.



3.  Sir Mix-a-Lot - My Hooptie - because I am driving this thing into the ground



4.  War - Lowrider - because I also need new shocks and struts, so my whip rides mad low



5.  Mistah FAB - Ghost Ride It - If I roll past the popo, I duck down real low.



6.  Chamillionaire - Ridin' Dirty - Obviously.  This is last because it is sure to get stuck in your head.



-Big Ran


KC Jones' Notes: I'd like to say, this is one of Big Ran's funniest posts yet, and he doesn't need anything added to it, but I'd like to add the following songs:

7. Coolio- Fantastic Voyage- As I'm sure that it IS in fact, a fantastic voyage every time Big Ran gets in the whip and plays the back roads game. Also, there is the whole issue of Coolio mentioning he "ain't got no car" at the beginning of the vid.


8. Dr. Dre- Let Me Ride- As that will be Big Ran's plea to the po-po if they do in fact pull him over....


***Also, with Sir Mix-A-Lot's- My Hooptie- Have truer words have ever been spoken?: “Four door nightmare, truck locks’ stuck. Big dice on the mirror, grill like a truck. Lifters tickin’, accelerator’s stickin’. Somethin’ on my left front wheel keeps clickin’.”

Bravo, Big Ran, Bravo....

-KC Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment