Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Yes, Yes, Yes We Do, We've Got Spirit, How 'Bout YOU?



A co-worker of mine sent this clip to me today, and I was mesmerized by it. It's not every day you see something this awesome. Naturally, I sent it to Big Ran and the following email interaction ensued (read from the bottom up):

From: Big Ran
Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2012 12:15 PM
To: KC Jones
Subject: RE:

Awesome, he’s having a great time.  Dude, I would totally love to warm the bench of a college team.  You get to travel, watch hoops, get tons of high quality sl*t action.  Dude is living the dream.

From: KC Jones
Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2012 12:13 PM
To: Big Ran
Subject: RE:

Yes, I was thinking that too….how funny is he???

From: Big Ran
Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2012 12:12 PM
To: KC Jones
Subject: RE:

Awesome, can you blog that, I can definitely add to it.  It will be worth it.

From: KC Jones
Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2012 12:08 PM
To: Big Ran
Subject: RE:

Think this is how Scal got his start?



Let me just make a few things clear here:


1. First of all, they said this kid has played 8 minutes in his career. Who cares? Dude was featured on Sports Center for his unbeatable bench moves. He's now the most famous player on the team. He's living the dream.


2. I'm wondering, as I asked Big Ran, if this is how Scal got his start as well?



3. If the hoops thing doesn't work out for him, the WWE DEFINITELY will....or a job as a coal miner with the way he works that 'air' pick axe.


4. Seconds 24 and 58 are my favorite moves of the whole clip. They really showcases his versatility. It's not all about the hammer move.


And now I'll turn it over to Big Ran

-KC Jones


*Big Ran Notes:


Let's get in the 'ol delorean and travel back to Big Ran's college days.  I went to a D-I school in the Big East, so hoops was HUGE.  For four years I went to virtually every home game and was typically in the first couple of rows.  There were times when we spoke with NBA scouts, writers, and the opposing players.  We usually got pretty aggressive.  By aggressive, I mean yell horrible things at the other teams.  We actually had a writer from The Washington Post tell us we were by far the most obscene fans he had ever experienced.  He acted as if it was a bad thing and we all just high fived each other.


So, one season, we somehow decided to start raising the roof, just to see if we could bring it back from the dead.



So, we started doing it and people were like, "what the hell are you doing?"  Matter of factly, we always said, "UM, we're raising the roof."

So, eventually, toward the end of the season, we started to see opposing players raise the roof and we knew we had accomplished our goal.  Later in the season, during the NCAA Tournament, we saw guys on various benches doing it.  We literally changed the world.  Not for the better, but we changed it.

That's my story.  Thanks for listening about how I changed the world.  Hey, think globally, act locally, right?

PS:  My line in the e-mail about that dude living the dream.  It's so true.  I wonder if it's better to warm the bench or be a starter.  I mean, it's Seton Hall, so you aren't going to the pros unless you have a propensity for masturbating while driving, so you might as well not have to worry about it, get a legit education, and still scam broads, right?

PPS:  Everyone pour a little out for Eddie Griffin (not the comedian).  Not only was he arrested for DUIWM, he later died when his SUV was hit by a train.  He must have been watching some seriously wild stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment