Monday, March 26, 2012

I Don't Know How I Feel About This



Not to go all "Dawson's Creek" all over your asses, but I really don't know how I feel about this cover.  I've been going back and forth since I heard it on Thursday.

So, I guess I'll go with the pros first.

1.  She doesn't drop an N-Bomb.  At least that I could tell.  There was one spot early where the sound was dropped, so I'm not 100% sure.

2.  She swears.  I honestly didn't think she would.  I love swearing, so that's a positive for me.

3.  She has some flow.

The cons:

1.  The Yankees hat.  It's not because I am a Red Sox fan, that sh!t is just played out unless you are actually a fan or at least from NYC.

2.  A few cringe-worthy moments, like throwing up the Jay-Z Roc symbol.  I wasn't feelign that.  Also, throwing the Fish Filet line to the audience and they didn't say anything.  Tough.

3.  Her guitar player.

Overall, I give her credit for giving it a shot, but I won't be downloading her version.



-Big Ran

No comments:

Post a Comment