Thursday, May 26, 2011

Irrational Rant...Line Creepers



This rant was inspired by the broad behind me in line this afternoon, when I was buying my lunch.  This has absolutely happened more than once, but I'll focus on today's events.

We have a cafe/cafeteria at work and I often head over there to grab something to eat before bringing it back to my office to have lunch with my peeps.  I like to beat the crowd and get there right at or before noon, but today I was working on something (probably the blog) and couldn't get there until 12:30 and it was packed.  Surprisingly the line wasn't too long, but I grabbed a pre-made sandwich and jumped into line.  First, this woman walked into line right in front of me, but I could tell she was just clueless and she eventually got out of line and back in behind me. So as people check out and move up, every time the line budges, her styrofoam plate hits my left elbow because apparently, every time the line moves one inch, she has to move at least two. Now, thankfully, I was in a pretty good mood; its a nice day, its Thursday, so I will let it slide.  However, on her end, why would you want your plate of food touching a stranger's arm.  I sure as hell wouldn't want someone's nasty elbow in my soup.

My favorite line creeper story was from my friend Erin a few years back.  She was at a supermarket and in line with her cart.  The woman behind her kept moving up and hitting Erin in the back with her cart.  So, the first time, Erin turns around and just gives her a look.  The second time, she turns around and says, "Excuse me, could you be more careful with your cart?"  The third time, she turns around and kicks the front of the cart so it pushes the woman back and says, "You wanna see what happens if you hit me a fourth time?"  Awesome.  That's how you ride on a line creeper.  Erin is a gansta.

On another note, I also had a couple of business casual bros that were separated by me and the line creeper trying to have a conversation in line around us.  I f-ing hate that too.  Don't have a public conversation with non-related parties between you, then look at me like I'm eavesdropping.  Trust me, you are not nearly important or entertaining enough for me to want to listen to, in fact, I would love it if you would just STFU until I am gone.

-Big Ran

PS:  Obligatory Ice Cube quote:  "Why the f*ck we goin' in when there's b!tches in line?"

KC Jones note: I couldn't have said it better myself Big Ran. HOLLLAAA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment