Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Good Start to the Day


This week I am commuting to work near Boston from the Cape, which means that I am waking up at the crack of dawn in order to avoid traffic, and get to work early so I can leave early and beat traffic on the way back.  The first two days were actually OK, other than falling asleep on the couch by 9 PM after I got home.  This morning was a different situation all together.

First off, my father-in-law is at the Cape house with me and my wife, which is totally cool.  Not only because it is his house, but we don't mind him being there in the least.  This morning he decides to put on New York sports talk radio (WFAN), loudly, about a half hour before I have to wake up.  Realistically, its not a big deal, but you know that feeling when you are forced awake just long enough before your alarm goes off to be irritating?  That was today.

One thing that did go well this morning?  The outdoor shower.  Outdoor showers are the best; amazingly refreshing and invigorating.  It's like being in an Irish Spring commercial (who else see the leprechaun say "YEAH!"). 

I head out on the ride and there is an accident that just totally sabotages the commute and I get to work 45 minutes later than I wanted.  This prevents me from getting a spot in front of our building and having to drive in at the same time as our smug, PITA new hire who makes a show out of checking his watch has some smart ass comment for me.  

So I park, hike towards the office and stop in the coffee shop.  This is where karma starts poking me.  I get to the coffee shop and there is a guy taking his sweet ass time getting coffee.  I have no patience, so in my head I am thinking, "Let's go bro, move your ass."  Instantly, I bump into this hanging wire rack holding t-bags and sh!t.  

After paying I head upstairs and am behind the same slow coffee guy and he sees a guy he knows who looks tired and tells coffee guy that he went out last night.  Coffee guy's response:  "OOOOHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOO!  Good luck today, man."  Again, in my head, I am thinking, "Oh God, shut up and move on."  Then, instantly, my foot slips off a step and I spill coffee on my pants, shirt, and face.  However, I did come up with a good response to it courtesy of "Groundhog Day," and I said, "Ooh, you gotta watch that step, it's a doozy."

This was a long boring blog so I could vent.  I'll bring more heat later.


-Big Ran

No comments:

Post a Comment