Monday, March 12, 2012

I Need to Write Things Down


I don't necessarily mean on toilet paper, like this epic scene from Lethal Weapon 2, but maybe like the old Norm MacDonald, "note to self" on a voice recorder.  However, I always come up with the most awesome, funny, world shaking ideas when I have had a couple of drinks, hop online to start doing research for the blog, but then get side tracked and never remember them.

Let's take this past Friday.  I get home and as planned, my wife is out with work friends, so I start drinking whiskey, grill some steaks, and watch college hoops.  About three hours later, I am pretty drunk and my wife calls me to meet them out at a bar.  Cool, but there is no way I can drive.  None.  Also, strangely, there is a snow squall going on.  So, I make a great decision, and walk to the bar, knowing we'll be able to get a ride back.

Now, remember, I'm pretty hammered and probably staggering a bit down the streets in the snow.  The snow flakes are huge, so at one point I am trying to catch flakes in my mouth (and failing), when I see that someone is about a half a block up and they definitely crossed the street because they thought I was a crazy person.

I'm going off on a tangent here, because what I wanted to talk about needing to write things down.  When I woke up on Saturday, I get back on the laptop, see the tabs I had open on my browser and have no idea what I was looking at.  I had that Lethal Weapon parody up, which is awesome, but I have no idea why I was looking for the toilet bomb scene.  However, it was probably going to be awesome.

Ugh.  I should probably sprinkle some Adderall or Ritalin in my booze.

-Big Ran 

No comments:

Post a Comment