Thursday, April 21, 2011

False Advertising....

A few weeks ago, something dawned on me, and then last night, while I was watching the NBA Playoffs, I was reminded of it again when I saw this commercial:


Somebody call the Attorney General's office immediately because this is the most blatant case of false advertising EVER. Come on! The Kia Optima is the official car of the NBA? Right, and Claire's is the official jewelry store of the players as well. Even the LOWEST paid player in the league wouldn't be driving around in anything less than a Cadillac Escalade or a souped up sports car and the highest paid players have fleets of all sorts of luxury cars. No way any current, past, or future professional baller is or will be driving a Kia, unless they are being paid to make a commercial for the company (ok, maybe Toine because of his bankruptcy issues). The only use the NBA has for a Kia in any capacity is as a prop in the Slam Dunk Contest (shout out to Blake, we see you!). This commercial is just making me angry....who do they think they're fooling?

Baby Bron, not a Kia

Superman...not a Kia
The Big Shamrock, not a Kia...
The Captain, Paul Pierce- doesn't look like a Kia either...
So, in a way, I guess this post could be an irrational rant, but I didn't want to officially label it that way because I think it's actually kind of rational.

-KC Jones

Update from Big Ran:  Spot on, KC.  Maybe Kia is the official car of NBA interns, or assistant coaches?  Remeber like 10 years ago when Jeff Van Gundy's Honda Civic was blown off the runway by the Knicks team plane?

I just remember not understanding how an NBA Coach would have a 5 year old Civic.

Comment from KC Jones: Big Ran- it's nice to see that one of the Van Gundy boys is just keepin' it real. I wouldn't be surprised if his brother big Stan is riding around in a side cart attached to D-How's SUV....

No comments:

Post a Comment