Thursday, April 21, 2011

Super Terrific Happy Hour!

This clip is unbelievable. I don't even know how I found it....actually, I prefer to think it found me. It's short and sweet, but ripe with opportunities for commentary. So, take a minute (47 seconds actually) to watch it and consider my thoughts (which will be presented semi-stream of consciousness style):

First off, I'm not a boxing/fighting expert, but I thought there were weight classes established in order to avoid situations like this. This is like watching a butterfly fight an elephant. The only thing better than a svelte little Asian man is a svelte little Asian man wearing dangerously tight, high, WHITE spandex shorts. And, the only thing that has ever made me ashamed to be an American is Mr. Clean (the morbidly obese version) wearing American flag themed trunks (yes, pun intended with my elephant comment). Please wear French or Canadian flagged shorts next time, we don't want you.  Is this even going to be fair? Our precious butterfly has taken a couple of hits already. I hope some paramedics are in the crowd, because he is probably going to get his wings broken. At least he has speed on his side. And then it happens, second 24, watch the way Jet Li just bounces off the ropes and up off the Michelin Man's chest. This is unreal, until he's brought to the ground and Mr. Tons of Fun appears to be getting ready to smother him with this rotund, fleshy belly. After a few seconds of grappling and struggling, Tiny Dancer wins by putting him into a rarely used, completely secret (to this point) submission hold via ankle twist. I've never seen anything like this! Make sure you have the volume up, you can hear Grimace screaming for the last few seconds before the winner is declared. Too bad the clip ends before the crane is brought in to haul Grimace away.  I'm thinking Big Ran and I could make this clip even better (if that's possible) if we were to dub commentary in English over it.





-KC Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment