Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Not Pretty, but I'll Take It

 If you had told me before game one of this series that the Knicks would lose Big Shot (and Big Teeth) Billups during crunch time of game one and Amare for a lot of game two, I would have bet the house on the C's not only winning, but winning big.  However, the C's bench has been turrible and they have not been playing any defense.  I have to give the Knicks credit for hanging tough and doing all they can, but I don't think they can hang around, even in MSG, without Billups and Amare.  If they are both out again, bank on Rondo racking up some serious stats.  With that said, I have no idea what to expect in this series going forward.  This could come back to Boston after the C's sweep, up 3-1, or with the series tied.

It was nice to see KG come up huge on the last couple of possessions with a big hoop and a great steal after giving up a go-ahead bucket to Jared Jeffries.  ESPN did a little research and found that during this current Big Three era, the Celtics have had nine situations where they needed a go-ahead hoop with less than ten seconds to go and they have never gone to Garnett.  So, as a long-time Celtics and KG fan, I was pumped to see him deliver offensively when it mattered most.  While he was in Minnesota, there was always talk about him not being a clutch player, so it was nice for him to have a little redemption, even though he didn't really need it.

The Kicks need Amare to have a shot.  I don't think you can give the Celtics two days to prepare and only have Melo doing his best Jimmy Chitwood impression.  I've had back spasms before and they're terrible.  I'm also a huge pussy, who sits in an office all day, not a world class ath-a-leet.  The Knicks need to get Amare some serious muscle relaxers and have Spike Lee give him a deep tissue massage or else we know what may happen:

 *KC Jones note: I'm reconsidering my collaboration with Big Ran on this blog after his very hurtful "Mr. Big Teeth" comment. He knows I loves me some Chauncey.....

No comments:

Post a Comment