Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Breaking News....

Levi Johnston Drops Plan to Run for Mayor of Sarah Palin’s Hometown 

Updated: Wednesday, 24 Aug 2011, 8:21 AM EDT
(NewsCore) - Levi Johnston has decided he will not run for mayor of Wasilla, Alaska -- the hometown of his ex-fiancee Bristol Palin and her mother, Sarah Palin -- Radar Online reported Tuesday.

Johnston, 21, announced his plans to run for office in August 2010, filing a letter of intent with the Alaska Public Offices Commission to run for "state or municipal office" in Alaska in 2011.

His campaign reportedly would have been chronicled in a reality TV series titled "Loving Levi: The Road to the Mayor's Office."

Johnston's manager, Tank Jones, said he decided not to run because he "doesn't want the office of the mayor to be a joke and so he's not going to do it right now."

Jones went on to say, "There are a lot of issues that he would need to study up on and he thinks that this isn't the right time for him to be mayor now."

Instead, Jones said, Johnston is focusing on "Deer in the Headlights: My Life in Sarah Palin's Crosshairs" -- a book he wrote about his dealings with the Palin family. The book is set to be released on Sept. 20.
Johnston began dating the eldest Palin daughter before the family was thrust into the spotlight during the 2008 presidential campaign, in which Sarah Palin was the Republican vice-presidential candidate.

The young pair -- who have a son, Tripp -- became engaged when her pregnancy was announced during the campaign but the two had a public falling-out, reconciling one more time before announcing they had split up for good.


Couple of thoughts/questions:
1. Is the reality show still going to happen? I sincerely hope so, I'm sure there are plenty of other things to 'love' about Levi besides his failed attempt to run for mayor.

2. What grade level will his upcoming book be required summer reading for? I'm guessing 4th grade, because that's probably as far as he got as far as reading is concerned. I'm thinking there will be a lot of pictures and large font involved in this book. Can I pre-order this? And, better yet, will there be a book tour & if so, when will it be coming to Massachusetts?

3. Does ANY male in Alaska have a normal name? Look at this article---we've got Levi, his manager Tank, his son Tripp, and then you also have to look at Sarah Palin's sons names....I just don't get it. 

4. I am so happy I found this out before I made my big move to Alaska--he was my only reason for going. I guess it all makes sense though, you should probably KNOW the capital of Alaska before you run for mayor of one of the cities there---something tells me he probably doesn't know it though.

5. When is he going to be on "Dancing With The Stars"?

-KC Jones

*Big Ran Note:  Wasn't there a plan for him to be in Playgirl?  Did that happen?  I am not Googling that on my computer.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.

How awesome would it have been if Levi was on Dancing with the Stars the same season as his baby mama? That would have been epic.

Still the best pic ever, especially with the bro ripping a butt in the background:


No comments:

Post a Comment