Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Irate Irene's Hip Hop Hitlist...

In honor of Hurricane Irene's pending arrival this weekend, I'd like to present the playlist I will be jamming to while I build my ark and while I'm stocking up on water, batteries, and non-perishable items.




1. Bob Dylan: "Hurricane"- there is no better song to kick off this playlist. 


2. Jars of Clay: "Flood"- pretty self-explanatory, right?


3. Seals & Crofts: "Summer Breeze"- okay, so it's a little more than just a summer 'breeze', but you get the point. If you need this song, please refer to today's
"Stuck in my Head" post.

4. Milli Vanilli: "Blame it on the Rain"- I will be lip syncing to this selection (get it?)


5. Notorious B.I.G: "Warning": just want to make sure everyone stays safe.


6. Bob Dylan: "Blowin' in the Wind": this is one of his more coherent songs and is quite appropriate for what we'll be experiencing. Good job Dylan, you've made the same "Takeover" playlist twice!


7. Mobb Deep & Lil' Kim: "Quiet Storm": It may or may not be a quiet storm, depending on its track. Regardless, this is a song that belongs on the list.


8. Fabolous: "Lights Out": There's always a decent chance of losing power during these types of storms, so make sure your boombox has a fresh set of batteries so you'll be able to listen to this playlist.


9. Peter Gabriel: "Here Comes the Flood":


10. Nat King Cole: "Goodnight, Irene": I figured this would be the perfect way to close out the playlist.


-KC Jones

*Big Ran Note:  Bravo!  Bravo!  I will say, seeing two Bob Dylan songs on here was a surprise.  In high school a Jimi Henrdix song cam on the radio and KC asked me if it was a new song.  Fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment