Thursday, September 1, 2011

Everyone Makes Mistakes....

So, one of my favorite bands is Linkin Park, and truthfully, there are very few songs of theirs that I do not like. And when bands that I like do covers of other people's songs, I tend to really enjoy those as well. However,  they can make a mistake every once in a while and this proves it for sure! I was horrified to discover that LP did a cover of Adele's song "Rolling in the Deep". While I LOVE Adele's version of her song, I felt like I was being punked as I was watching Chester and the boys cover it.....

The Real Version:


The Cover:


This was a failure of epic proportions for so many reasons. First of all, the whole subject of the song is better suited for a female artist (and that is why it's Adele's song). Secondly, this is Linkin Park, they are a ROCK band and should not EVER attempt anything besides rock, alternative or rap (listen to the "Collision Course" CD where they performed w/ Jay-Z if you want proof that they are legit rappers as well)---ESPECIALLY NOT DRAMATIC CHICK POP MUSIC! Who let this happen? And whoever did 'ok' this should be fired.

I know Big Ran is going to think Adele's version is stupid anyway, but from an objective perspective it is good music. Anyway, the moral of the story is this: Dear Linkin Park, please stick to what you do best---awesome alt/rock music....This is a completely random post, but I just wanted to get it out there...Here's one of my favorites for your listening pleasure...



*Big Ran Note:  Contrary to KC's belief that I don't like Adele, she is as Dave Chappelle would say, one of the most ballinist motha f*ckas out there.  She has got some serious pipes and I dig the songs I have heard on the radio.  But man oh man, that was a bad decision by Linkin Park, that was f*cking brutal.  I am not the worlds biggest Linkin Park fan, but The Black Keys could have done that cover and I would have thrown up the chicken burrito I ate at 10:45 this morning.  Don't jusdge me, I was freaking starving.  Plus, I'm going to the gym, so get off my d!ck.

*KC's Comment: I am very happy to find out that Big Ran recognizes Adele's talent....however, we ARE going to have to work on his appreciation for Linkin Park.... and Chicken Burritos are the BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS, no doubt!

No comments:

Post a Comment