Thursday, September 1, 2011

Super Terrific Hour


Banner day at the gym today.  Not because of my awesome workout (I could barely fit back into my shirt afterwards), but because of some basic unwritten rules being broken at the gym.  First off, this is a gym at work, so I usually see some people I know, but not today.

First, there was a bro in a soccer jersey and Reebok Tennis Pumps there.  I was using a bench, then got up to put the weights down and grab another set.  I turn around to go back to the bench and he has usurped it.  Now, normally, I don't have a problem telling people I was using a particular piece of equipment.  However, this bro had brought over like 3 sets of weights and various weight plates, stacking them, all around the bench.  I needed to see this workout.  He proceeded to talk to everyone that walked into the gym, wandered around, and left the weights at the bench without actually lifting any of them.  Classic move.

Second, we had the classic, work out in your work clothes.  Dude, just doing some reps in his golf shirt, khakis, and dress shoes.  No big deal.  I bet he's gonna smell great back at the office at 1 PM.

Finally, we had soccer jersey bro making his second appearance.  After lifting, I went upstairs to the cardio area, where there are the usual tread mills, ellipticals, stair climbers, etc, in addition to a track that encompasses the entire gym.  My man proceeds to do sprints on the track, looking absolutely ridiculous and I am convinced he thought that would impress the woman jogging on the track.  No doubt that he spotted her running while in the weight room and conceived this master plan.

So, as you head out of work, possibly to the gym.  Please wear actual work out attire, if you take weights off the rack, I suggest actually lifting them (a better work out than talking), and don't try to impress people with your sprinting skills unless your last name is Bolt.

-Big Ran

No comments:

Post a Comment