Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Have a Heart

First, Jeff Green was lost for the Celtics when he had to have surgery to repair an aortic aneurysm.  Then, today it was announced that Chris Wilcox, a Celtics forward will be done for the season after it was found he needs surgery for an enlarged aorta.


These are both Danny Ainge guys.  He picked up Green in the Kendrick Perkins deal with the Thunder last season that just put a dagger in any chances the Cs had at a title (which were admittedly slim) and Wilcox was a free agent pick up who was paid way too much money based on past health.  Both can certainly contribute; at least that was the hope, especially for Green, who was pretty terrible after the trade last year, but was seen as a major building block post-big three.  

My questions is this:  if you are a free agent after this season and Danny Ainge gives you a call (the Cs will have a ton of free cap space unless they deal expiring contracts before tomorrow's NBA trade deadline), how fast do you hang up?  If I saw Danny Ainge pop up on my caller ID, I would toss my phone right out the window of a moving car, or into the ocean.  I'll keep my aortas, thank you very much.


To end on a positive note, with Jeff Green sidelined, I have noticed  that the man is an amazing dresser.  He just has style for days.  Maybe he could hook Danny up with some advice.



-Big Ran

No comments:

Post a Comment