Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Lunchtime Look-a-Like

 
When I said that Rapper Common and Chicago Bulls Forward Carlos Boozer looked very much alike, Mr KC Jones naturally disagreed with me, as he always does. This thought has been in my head for a while now and came up while I was forcing him to watch one of the Bulls/Pacers Playoff games. After being contrary, Mr. Jones fell asleep and I went online. Imagine my surprise when I went on Facebook, looked at Common's fan page randomly, and saw the picture below in his profile pictures folder:
Tell me these two don't look alike. They are not twins by any means, but there are many similarities. Their similarities extend past their physical attributes.  In addition to their dimples, bald heads, smiles, and facial hair they have the following things in 'common' (pun intended!):

  1. -The Chicago connection. Common was born and raised in Chicago, Carlos Boozer now plays for the Chicago Bulls.
  2. -The Basketball connection. Carlos Boozer is arguably one of the top players in the NBA. Common is a huge NBA fan and has played in the NBA All-Star Weekend Celebrity game and, for not being a professional, he's not too shabby. Also, Common's father is former ABA player Lonnie Lynn.
  3. -Both are award winning professionals. Boozer has won a bronze medal (2004) and a gold medal (2008) with Team USA in the Olympics. Common has won two Grammy Awards (2003 & 2008) and has been nominated many other times.
  4. -Both share a great sense of fashion (sorry, I know Big Ran will not care about this at all, but it's true)


-KC Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment