Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Humpday Holla-back

Since Big Ran is always doing nice things for me, like calling me a sports commy, a sports bigamist, and poking fun at my beloved, but aging Spurs, I wanted to do something nice for him today. I thought long and hard about it and decided to express my appreciation via the "Humpday Holla-back" weekly post.

Big Ran, I know that this is one of your favorite groups, so this one's for you my friend, it's the least I can do (Unfortunately there's a commercial at the beginning since this group is so full of douchebags that they have blocked embedding videos from YouTube):




-KC Jones

Note from Big Ran:  Thanks KC, and as a bonus there was no commercial.  Quick Nickelback story:  I was in Scotland (BALLER!) like 10 years ago and in some bar where there was live music.  A Scottish dude asked me what was going on with American music, and I was like "what do you mean?"  he said, "What's up with that bank Nickelback?  They're rubbish."  I responded with, "They are terrible, but they're from Canada.  I'm not taking the blame for that one."  KC, remember that time you asked me if the song playing on the radio was new and I said that it wasn't.  It was Jimi Hendrix and it was 1997.  Good times.

Here's my favorite Nickelback Cover:



Note from KC: Yes Big Ran, unfortunately I do remember that Hendrix situation. How I did not realize that is still beyond me, because even though I don't listen to him, he surely has a very distinct sound and style. Good catch on Nickelback being from Canadia---we CAN'T be held accountable for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment