Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Notable Quotes

Some of Ron Artest's most hilarious and puzzling quotes, in no particular order:

-"Having a record company and putting out my own CD. There's clothes and shoes. There's also an upcoming book deal that I'm trying to do. I'm trying to be positive. I'm a big fan of the Nobel Peace Prize." -- Ron Artest's comments when asked what he had been doing since his suspension stemming from his part in the "Malice at The Palace" in November of 2004.
If you are unfamiliar with the brawl referenced above, please see the following:



-"Hi, Pacers fans, my name is Ron Artest. I'm from the housing projects of Queens, New York. I play tough defense and every night I feel I'm the best." -- Ron Artest, in his diary on Pacers.com This is one of KC Jones' favorite quotes--sounds like he's at an AA meeting!

-"I'm playing like a frog. I've got web hands." -- Ron Artest. In all 32 years of my life, I've never heard someone compare themselves to a frog. We hear you Ron, it ain't easy being green! Also, I just noticed, Kermit doesn't have webbed 'hands'....odd...

-"We gave it all, considering most teams in the NBA have good enough airplanes where they don't break down." -- Ron Artest, on the Pacers performance against the Knicks, after getting to NYC just six hours before tip-off due to plane issues.

-"I didn't hold up no middle fingers. My middle finger is crooked so it sticks out. Maybe that's what was showing." -- Ron Artest.

-"You break it, you bought it." -- Ron Artest, on having to pay for the camera he broke.

-"I like David Stern, I think he's from the hood." Ron Artest on meeting with David Stern after the "Malice"

-“That's gonna be fun, ... I love the tension. I love when everything's going wrong ... In the NBA, they don't promote guys like me. They like guys who like Cheerios, good guys. But I find a way to promote myself.” Apparently if you like Cheerios, it says a lot about your character...how does he come up with this stuff?
-"I'm not a homosexual or nothing like that, but Kobe had no clothes on." Ron Artest commenting on his interaction Kobe after the Finals in 2008.

- Response when a member of the media told him that Coach Rick Carlisle's said that he "compromised the integrity" of the Pacers organization through his actions during the brawl in Detroit: "I dont know what that means". Hey Big Ran, it figures math was his favorite subject in school, and I guessing the verbal section of the SATS weren't his favorite.

-"Stay focused and stay away from unknown females." Definitely words to live by. I'm sure Rasheed Wallace would agree with you Ron, I bet he'd say that 'them cats (the unknown females) are felonious'.

-"I'm not a dirty player. I'm a veteran. I know some tricks. Richard Jefferson's a dirty player. Jefferson punched me in my stomach last year in the playoffs. And the ref saw it and the ref didn't say nothing. He just let him punch me in my stomach. So tell Byron Scott about his player, that Jefferson's a dirty player." -- The end of this quote reminds me of Antoine Dodson at the end of the Bed Intruder Song "So you can run and tell that, Byron, Byron, Byron, Byron"....And, apparently, if you're a veteran, that excludes you from the category of 'dirty player'.

-“I’d buy it and tell him to sign it.” Ron's admiration for Blake Griffin's insane dunking ability and his desire to have a poster of Griffin dunking on him. He also commented, “I hope he dunks on me. His highlights is stupid.”

There are plenty more where these came from. If you're interested, and to actually see and hear him in action, go to http://www.blazeoflove.com/2009/05/10-classic-ron-artest-videos.html . This site is awesome and the clips are INSANE!


-KC Jones






No comments:

Post a Comment