Friday, May 20, 2011

Big Ran's Rapture Remix

I LOVE KC's Rapture Mix, so I figured I would bring one to the party too. I should probably not only burn it on a CD, but also put it on a tape just in case any technology made after 1994 (last Rapture date from Harold Camping) doesn't work. KC's Dad's 8 track should be fine too.

1.  The Hives - Tick, Tick, Boom
"It's too late, it's too soon, or is it tick, tick, tick, boom"  Pretty self explanatory. Plus, I wanna be fired up for the rapture.



2.  Muse - Time is Running Out



3.  When the Last Time
"When the last time you heard it like this, some sumptin', drink sumptin' get ripped, make the girls in the party just strip, move ya a$$ girl."  YESSSSSS, sign me up for that Rapture party cause you know nobody in there is floating upstairs.



4. Billy Idol - Dancing With Myself
I went to a Billy Idol concert like 6 years ago and it was AWESOME.  I got four tickets for $14 and it was probably the best show I have every seen.  Plus, I sat next to two women who went out to lunch with Billy Idol in like 1984...to Burger King.  For this song, I may be dancing with myself when everyone else floats away.  The video has the bonus of having an zombie apocalypse theme.



5.  Bloc Party - Banquet
Probably won't be much to eat post Rapture, live it up while you can.



6.  The Bravery - An Honest Mistake
That's what I'll be telling God while I'm in Purgatory.  Plus, Jay Z called this the dopest video ever made by a bunch of white boys.



7.  Get Boys - Damn it Feels Good to be a Gangsta
Rapture or no Raptue, Ima keep it real.




8.  Folk Implosion - Nothing Gonna Stop
Dope beat for when you wanna keep the party going post Rapture.



9.  Nine Inch Nails - Survivalism
This will get you going when you need to fight off zombies.  Plus, anytime someone uses the term "doppelganger" in your lyrics, that's a win in my book.



10.  Biggie - Hypnotize
From the album "Life After Death."  Plus, this has to be one of the best songs in the history of the erf.  Also, it transitions nicely to our after party.



Bonus After Party Re-population Remix
After the Rapture, we're gonna have to repopulate right?  Time to get it going and get to laying your woman down by the fire.

Usher - Yeah
This is on my desert island mix.  or, in this case, my Rapture Remix.  Time to get your grind on.  Also, it will probably be good to have an example of good dancing post rapture.



JT - Sexy Back
Anyone who doesn't honestly LOVE this song is a God damned communist.  In that case, you're a Godless heathen and burning at this point of the party anyway.



Al Green - I'm So Tired of being Alone (really any Al Green Song here)
Time for intercourse.



-Big Ran

-KC Jones loves this playlist and is hoping Big Ran makes two copies in each type of format. The 8 track player is gone though, so I guess we'll just have to rely upon CDs, tapes, and vinyl. KC Jones' father still does drop the needle on the record from time to time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment