Friday, May 20, 2011

Rapture Dance Party

In preparation for "The Rapture" tomorrow, I've put together a playlist and I'll be sending out my Rapture Dance Party E-vite shortly.  I mean, if the world is ending, we might as well enjoy some sweet tunes while it's happening. I'll supply the snacks and other treats, just BYOB in case we don't have your favorite:

  1. "It's the End of the World" - R.E.M.: and yes, I do feel fine, because I didn't want to continue on with this cube living any damn way.
  2. "The Final Countdown"-Europe: "We're leaving together, but still it's farewell, And maybe we'll come back to Earth, who can tell?"
  3. "In the End"-Linkin Park: Because, it's true, "in the end, it doesn't even matter".
  4. "Thanks for the Memories"-Fall Out Boy: I'll dedicate this one to all of my family and friends.
  5. "Enter Sandman"-Metallica: "Take my hand, we're off to Never, Never land"
  6. "Danger"-Mystikal: This is not only a word of warning, but it's also encouraging the listeners (us) to 'get on the floor'--what better way to enjoy "The Rapture" than from the dance floor?
  7. "24 Hours to Live"-Ma$e: Wow, that's a blast from the past, huh? Philosophical rappers Puff Daddy and Ma$e pose the question: "If you had 24 hours to live... what would you do?" Before reminding us, "That's some deep sh*t right there. A lot of pressure how would you handle it?"  Maybe we should take some of his suggestions into consideration. For example, we could, "turn out all the hoes that's heterosexual", "smack conceited n***** right off the pedestal", or "do good sh*t, like take kids from the ghetto, show them what they could have if they never settled". There are plenty of other ideas presented in this ditty as well. Take a listen for yourself.
  8. "99 Problems"-Jay-Z: Because really, if "The Rapture" does happen, I know that when God and I chat, He's going to have at LEAST 99 problems to address with me.  It's been an imperfect 32 years, what can I say?
  9. "Break on Through"-The Doors: yup, once it gets here, we're all going to be going to the other side.
  10. "Breathe and Stop"-Q-Tip: Pretty much how I envision the end. One second we'll all be alive and breathing, next second it will all be stopped. And, this is a great dance song, so "The Rapture" party will be on and popping with this in the background.
  11. "Party All The Time"- This might have nothing to do with "The Rapture" in your opinion. But for me, this song is appropriate for any situation.
  12. "Until the End of the World"-U2
  13. "Caught up in the Rapture"-Anita Baker: A nice, slow ballad from 80's R&B diva Anita Baker. What a perfect way to close out the playlist!
Call me for directions to the crib. See you all tomorrow...or, will I?

-KC Jones

*Big Ran Note:  I find it amazing that KC can just pull up songs for a list like this like it ain't no thang.  Like "The Rapture" and their roller skating party, here is another video that really screams rapture to me.  As weird as this video is, I cannot look away.



Aso, a great call by KC on "Final Countdown."  Here's an epic version:



    Just when I think "The Final Countdown" can't get any better than the original version, Big Ran proves me wrong. Well done, my friend, well done.-KC Jones

    No comments:

    Post a Comment