Friday, April 15, 2011

Office Etiquette

Reading on Couch

Today The Takeover is going to start a segment entitled "Office Etiquette."  This was KC Jones' brainchild and I love it.  Fortunately (or unfortunately), I have a great story.

A couple of weeks ago a coworker of mine, "Cheryl," was in a meeting.  I was in someone else's office killing time when a woman from our processing unit, "Patty," comes to the door to ask where Cheryl was.  The guy I was talking with told Patty that Cheryl was in a meeting.  Patty responded with: "Oh good, I'm just going to read my book on her couch."

The two of us gave each other the "WTF" look because Patty was now lounging in Cheryl's office, reading a book on her couch at two in the afternoon.

When I tell Cheryl not to be surprised to find a visitor in her office she goes in to find Patty.  Cheryl asks her what's going on and Patty replies "Oh, I just needed a place to relax and read my book. Are you going to be doing work in here now?"

Dudes, I think this is just absolutely bat shit insane.  How the hell do you just go into someone's office that you barely work with and just take your shoes off and relax in their office at 2 PM.  Honestly, it blows my mind that someone would think that is OK.  Maybe I'm an asshole, but if someone is chillin' in my office you better be my friend and not some nut job from the processing unit that forwards me all the calls you should be handling yourself.
Other crazy co-worker stories?  Different optinions on this one?  Let us know.

-Big Ran

PS: Try googling images for reading on a couch.  I'll wait...

A. Why is everyone smiling?  Unless they caught you at the precise moment you were reading a lighthearted moment, you should be concentrating.  Reading is Fundamental, bitches.

B. Why is everyone barefoot?  Does nobody where socks while they are reading?  Is that what I'm doing wrong?  I don't want to see dudes in vests reading barefoot.  Shit is gross.

PPS: Etiquette has to be the most difficult word to spell in the world.  I tried that shit like six different ways until I was close enough to even use spell check.  Maybe if I read with my socks off I would be smarter.

No comments:

Post a Comment